Recent Topics

1 Jun 11, 2009 00:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello

I'm sorry if i am upsating someone, but it seems i have a little problem with my system.

My post titles or not beeing displayed as links anymore, because i made a little modification of my own in the php program, but i can't remember were have i done that. Now i want my post titles to be displayed as links again, but i need a little help reenabling what i disabled in the past.

Finding this problem or a related problem was next to impossible...

Thank you

2 Jun 11, 2009 01:36

Hi, and welcome to the forums.
It would help if you could tell us what skin your using and provide a link to your site.

It may be as simple as uploading a new file, or doing a file compare with your edited file and a new one.

3 Jun 11, 2009 01:49

i'm using crystal glass skin. But it is not a skin problem, because no matter the skin i'm using, the titles are not displayed as links.

if it helps you, http://www.ovidiublog.totalh.com/ .

i've trying for the last couple of hours to solve this, but with no succes. Plus it's getting really late where i am.

4 Jun 11, 2009 02:28

I finally solved the problem directly in the skin file

Find: <h2 class="bTitle"><?php $Item->title(); ?></h2>

Modify: <h2 class="bTitle"><a href="<?php $Item->permanent_url(); ?>"><?php $Item->title(); ?></a></h2>

For all those in the same situation, this is the solution.

5 Jun 11, 2009 02:46

blackjack38 wrote:

I finally solved the problem directly in the skin file

Find: <h2 class="bTitle"><?php $Item->title(); ?></h2>

Modify: <h2 class="bTitle"><a href="<?php $Item->permanent_url(); ?>"><?php $Item->title(); ?></a></h2>

For all those in the same situation, this is the solution.

Hi blackjack38. That is only the solution if that is the edit you made that caused the titles to not be linked to posts. There is a back office setting on each blog's URLs subtab that allows you to link to the posts permalink or the "link to URL" field if provided, so perhaps that is the change you made. One could also edit a core file (something other than a /skins/yourskin/ file) but I don't know off the top of my head where one would find the right files to edit.

6 Jun 11, 2009 02:58

Well, Edb, I only asked for help because i panniced, but eventually i managed. I hope that my problem will help others in the same situation in the future.

Thank you anyway for your help

Form is loading...