Recent Topics

1 Jul 19, 2009 22:26    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi.

I have just installed the latest version here.....
www.scotpool.com

As you'll see the b2evolution image is not appearing.
It's a similar story with other images and those in admin.

The image files have uploaded OK.
For example here.....
http://scotpool.com/media/shared/global/logos/b2evolution8.png

The path to the image when properties right clicked and saved is.....
http://scotpool.com/htsrv/getfile.php/b2evolution8.png?root=shared_0&path=logos/b2evolution8.png&mtime=1247907499&size=fit-400x320

Wondered if you could provide any advice on this?

Many thanks for your help.

2 Jul 20, 2009 00:56

Have a search of the forums for images and permissions on the media folder ... their might even be a faq in the faq forums ... if there isn't then there should be one ;)

¥

3 Oct 16, 2009 13:20

I have the same exact issue after installing the latest 3.3.1 stable. I have 777 on everything. I can pull up the images via a direct url to the path that status bar shows, but image properties link that uses the getfile.php url (like the home page b2evolution8.png logo) does not resolve so get broken images. Any ideas?

4 Oct 16, 2009 21:24

Hi cmargena. Since this is a new installation you might want to try something a bit crazy. Delete all the files and replace them with version 2.4.7 then install that. There is a place in /conf/_basic_config.php to tell it you want to be allowed to reset the database. You will want that to be a 1, or to drop all the tables via phpmyadmin in order to get the older version to install into your existing database.

The idea is to see if it is something funky about your server, but I don't know what it might be IF this works. If it doesn't work then hey you're no worse off than you are right now eh?

5 Oct 17, 2009 13:14

Thanks, will try that when I get a chance. I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with Apache rewrite rules. All the links to posts below on the main page also do not work...like the 'Extended Post' link. Seems like anything that uses the paths formed with .../somepage.php/yadda/yadda don't work.

6 Dec 28, 2009 18:34

Hi, This problem was never resolved.
I've started from scratch several times and just installed the latest version.
Once again images fail to appear as you will see at www.scotpool.com
Wondered if you could advise further.
Thanks.

Oh and many of the links under 'Categories' do not work!

7 Feb 13, 2010 15:57

cmargena wrote:

Thanks, will try that when I get a chance. I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with Apache rewrite rules. All the links to posts below on the main page also do not work...like the 'Extended Post' link. Seems like anything that uses the paths formed with .../somepage.php/yadda/yadda don't work.

Hi cmargena,

regarding the rewrite rules you can play with your php or php5.ini, try to change or add this parameter: allow_url_fopen = on

you may also change all the URLs settings in your Admin Panel/Blog Settings to Explicit param... and Use Param...

8 Feb 13, 2010 16:02

scotpool wrote:

Hi, This problem was never resolved.
I've started from scratch several times and just installed the latest version.
Once again images fail to appear as you will see at www.scotpool.com
Wondered if you could advise further.
Thanks.

Oh and many of the links under 'Categories' do not work!

Hi scotpool! get the same problem here on my blog, not showing the pictures on the blog but when i type the picture`s link url it works! I will keep you update if i find out how to fix that!

www.klinkoo.com/blog

Form is loading...