Recent Topics

1 Aug 12, 2009 03:38    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I upgraded a blog from 2.4.7 to 3.3.1. I didn't fully follow the instruction (Yes, my bad! but I have a valid reason.) and now I have problem accessing my blog :(

My blog is setup as a subdirectory of a domain, ie http:://mydomain.com/blog. The original blog was turned on maintenance mode and the blogs/ directory was copied to another subdirectory blog2/ (so that people do not visit the website and see the installation / upgrade process).

Everything were perfect when I try to access blog2 (the upgraded blog). Now, renaming it back to blog/, I got error. It seems that it's trying to include files under the non-existing blog2/. I have double checked that $baseurl in _basic_config.php is correct.

So it seems like something to do with subdirectory? I have previously upgraded a blog that has a domain of its own with this method and it worked. Something to do with cache? I can't clear cache from backoffice because I can't get in. How do you manually clear the cache?

If it's nothing to do with cache, what could be the problem?

2 Aug 12, 2009 07:10

Can you post or pm a link to your blog?

3 Aug 12, 2009 08:17

The blog i'm having problem with is in the Intranet. No internet access. :-/

4 Aug 12, 2009 13:34

Can you at least post the error message?
Once you renamed blog2/ to blog/ you should only edit the $baseurl in basic_config.php, nothing else.

5 Aug 12, 2009 17:48

$baseurl in _basic_config.php is now http://domain.com/blog when blog2 was renamed to blog.

When trying to access the blog, it displays a blank page.

Here's the error from log file:

[Wed Aug 12 10:22:44 2009] [error] [client 10.x.x.x] PHP Warning:  require_once
(/path/to/blog2/conf/_config.php) [<a href='function.require-once
'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/blog2/index.php on line 25
[Wed Aug 12 10:22:44 2009] [error] [client 10.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error:  require_
once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/path/to/blog2/conf/_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/p
ear:/usr/share/php') in /path/to/blog2/index.php on line 25

Blog2 doesn't exist anymore after renaming but the error log shows that it's trying to open index.php from blog2. Is it cached somewhere? I've tried to refresh my browser and even tried to access the blog from a different PC. Same blank page and same error.

Here's the error when trying to access backoffice:

[Wed Aug 12 10:23:02 2009] [error] [client 10.x.x.x] PHP Warning:  require_once
(/path/to/blog2/conf/_config.php) [<a href='function.require-once
'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/blog2/admin.php on line 44

8 Aug 13, 2009 02:08

I have fixed the problem by workaround solution: temporarily assigned a domain to this blog, access the blog, and from backoffice > tools > Delete pre-renderered item cache. Then removed the domain and access the blog as per usual.

$baseurl in _basic_config.php needs to be updated temporarily to make it work. Then change it back afterwards.

I will follow upgrade procedure from now on! :)

Just suggestion to b2evo team, perhaps the upgrade procedure should be reviewed? It's currently applied directly to production system and I don't want visitors to see error messages like database is not up to date and click the installation link while I'm doing it. Of course a more proper way is to schedule doing it at off-peak hours... :roll: (Or there's already something in place but I've overlooked?)

Form is loading...