Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2009 02:18    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hi,

How does the Archive work in this program?? We'd like to have our quarterly newsletter (pdf link?) or the actual newsletter.....how can we do this??

Thanks

2 Aug 21, 2009 02:37

Archives is simply how older posts get organized in the "Archives" plugin/widget. So like if you pick monthly then your archives section will be clickable month names. It doesn't actually bundle anything into one pile of stuff - just creates a list of posts based on how you want your archives organized.

Hope it helps :)

3 Aug 21, 2009 04:39

Thanks EdB.....then how would you suggest we use this blog to archive our newsletters??

Thanks

4 Aug 21, 2009 11:08

I guess that depends on what you mean by "archive" ;)

If all you want to do is store it somewhere then heck it'll work for ya. My hang gliding club used to put out a monthly PDF newsletter. I have all of them online in a b2evo-powered installation. My archives are set up monthly but that hardly matters since there is only one post per month in the blog dedicated to that feature.

You could also upload the file and link it in a post with a "newsletter" category if you don't want a blog dedicated to it. If someone hits the category link then the archive organization doesn't matter as they will get the appropriate number of posts per page that come from that category. In other words if you archive monthly and have 10 posts per page when someone hits the newsletter category they will see 10 posts in that cat no matter how old they are.

Everything is archived eh? Back in the world of paper that meant putting it in a box in the basement. Digitally it just means ... 'there'.

5 Aug 21, 2009 17:03

EdB,

I so appreciate you taking the time to explain all this to me. I've been working with websites for years but blogs are new to me in how they function.

Yes, I think linking to them in a Newsletter area will be the way to go.

Thanks again.

Form is loading...