Recent Topics

1 Aug 24, 2009 18:11    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1
I created a new site for my girlfriend.
This is what she want:

- Home page with a normal blog and a welcome post as a sticky.
- News page
- About me page
- Contact page
- Links page

www.ja-kidzyoga.nl

I created a blog, the home page, and a post of type intro-all as a welcome post.
The About me i created with a page post, and the same i can do for the links page i think. The only thing is that i don't want people to reply feedback about this two pages. How do i do that ?
The only problem now is how do i make the news page. A second blog ?
I thought i use the same blog and than make news post of the category news.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can make this site working, or is it nog possible with b2evolution ?
How do i make the home page blog show not the news post, but all other post and the welcome post ?

Thnx.

2 Aug 24, 2009 18:33

When you create a post or a page you should be able to disable comments by selecting a radio button on the right hand side of the screen.

If you don't want the home page blog show the news posts then it would probably be worth creating a second blog for the news. You can then have different categories of news if you want to.

L

3 Aug 24, 2009 20:16

Thanks. One problem solved.
The About page is ok now. I didn't saw the comments button on the right side.

I was also thinking on creating a second blog.
But do i have to create the About page also in the second blog ? Otherwise the About page will not showup in the menu if i'm in the second blog ?

4 Aug 25, 2009 11:02

OK, you have a couple of options here I think. You can enable cross posting to see your page in multiple blogs. This requires a change to one of your php config files. Searching the forums for this will give you everything you need.

The other way and perhaps the easiest way is to not use a 'page' for your about page. You can create a new blog for your about page and then this will be visible along side all your other blogs as normal. All you would do is post one entry to your about blog and this would be the contents of your about page. This has the added bonus that you can use different widgets on your about page/blog (maybe a photo or something) where as when you just use a page within a blog you can't do this.

Hope that helps
L

5 Aug 25, 2009 11:05

Or another simple way to do it is add a Free HTML widget to the menu of your new blog. The Free HTML widget will contain a html link to the about page of your first blog.

That's why I love b2evo, always more than one way to solve a problem :-)

L

6 Aug 25, 2009 14:39

lturner wrote:

OK, you have a couple of options here I think. You can enable cross posting to see your page in multiple blogs. This requires a change to one of your php config files. Searching the forums for this will give you everything you need.

So you mean that if i change $allow_cross_posting = 2 in conf/_admin.php
i could post a "About" page in blog1 and it would also showup in blog2 ?

7 Aug 25, 2009 16:29

I think that is how it works. To be honest, cross posting is something that I haven't played with on my blogs.

8 Aug 25, 2009 16:30

Cross posting can lead to a huge fugly list of categories in admin, far easier to use the freehtml suggestion ;)

¥

9 Aug 25, 2009 16:33

Thats probably why I never played with cross posting. Looked too complicated for me to get my simple head around :D

L

11 Aug 25, 2009 20:48

Its the only choice I have :)

Form is loading...