Recent Topics

1 Aug 30, 2009 07:03    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm adding facebook and myspace and skype to 247 (and eventually whatever actually is stable some day) and was sorta wondering if there is anything already done with some of these bits. For this application I'm sorta thinking that adding bits based on these "socially interactive" bits to when a registered person comments would be cool. And maybe a publicly available profile page again? I think I bookmarked how to get skype and yahoo IM to tell if you are online or not so that's something. Can't be too hard to work with facebook and myspace given that they're just key bits to a URL eh?

Anyway while I'm editing files with this end goal in mind I figured I'd ask if anyone already has stuff done with some of these rarely-used fields.

2 Aug 30, 2009 08:18

You might want to have a play with our custom profiles plugin. You should be able to easily bend it to your will ;)

If you think all the above fields are bloat then just wait until you see all the new ones in cvs ;)

¥

3 Aug 30, 2009 08:38

Aw crap I forgot all about that plugin. I should go play with that instead of core hacks, not that I care much about keeping the core "clean" anymore.

CVS? That's where exciting new ways to use users domains for spamming gets disguised in a sea of bugs right? No thanks...

But yeah AM Profile Overkill might be the way to go.

4 Aug 30, 2009 08:39

Hey do you got a link where all the various AM plugins are listed? Sometimes it's really hard to find 'em is the thing.

5 Aug 30, 2009 09:48

Your definition of CVS is pretty much the reason why I don't play there any more ;)

ATM probably the best place to get a list of our plugins is from my credits page @link [url=http://waffleson.co.uk/2007/10/credits]mydomain.com[/url]

As and when I get chance I'm busy moving them to a better home, but it's only got a few on atm.

If you like I can zip up my installs plugin folder .. you'll probably get a couple that aren't public .. and whap it over to you?

¥

6 Aug 30, 2009 10:05

¥åßßå wrote:

... If you like I can zip up my installs plugin folder .. you'll probably get a couple that aren't public .. and whap it over to you?

¥

Um... yeah sure. I still got half a terabyte sittin' around doing nothing. I can add it all to my huge pile of stuff I have no idea what it does other than fill up some space so having this much hard drive doesn't make me feel so ... inadequate :(

I suppose instead of all this inconsequential minor tweaking of trivial details I should be polishing off "canned free html" and "another bloglist" and "flags of the world". But I don't. Instead I concern myself with such important issues as "how can these two files be the same if they have different date and time stamps" which motivates me to delete one and copy over the other only to realize I deleted the wrong one by accidentally deleting the folder the folder it was in was in. oopsie!

Form is loading...