Recent Topics

1 Sep 01, 2009 02:58    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I know this might be a pretty simple question but I can't seem to find an answer. I need to backup my blog so I can migrate it between hosts. How do I back-up entries? And get them onto my computer?

Is it just a MySQL db backup? And if so, does anyone know what the standard name is when fantastico was used to install b2evolution?

2 Sep 01, 2009 03:13

Hi tjmarx.

1: By backing up your database :)
2: Make sure you actually download the backup while using your computer ;)
3: Yup!
4: yeah it's kinda weird. {{login}}_bvlt{{N}}.sql where login is probably not your login - it might be the first few letters of your domain name. Not sure... Anyway N will be a sequential number. That'll be the backup name when you do an export. If you use the backup feature, which is the best way with regard to restoring somewhere else, then the name will be bvlt{{N}}.sql.gz or something like that.

Or did you mean the name of the database? If so that too is fairly predictable and will involve bvlt{{N}} but you can see that in your conf/_basic_config.php file.

Since you're moving I would suggest to absolutely use the 'backup' feature in cpanel, and consider using the 'export' feature of phpmyadmin as a backup to your backup. 'backup' feature allows "browse to a file and restore" but it has to find the file in the format it likes. So let's say your backup file is named bvlt1.sql.gz. You will have to make sure that is the same name your table has at the next host. Or rename the file before using 'backup' to restore.

Groovy eh? [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14421]How about a health care system overhaul that doesn't taste mediciney?[/url]

Form is loading...