Recent Topics

1 Sep 08, 2009 08:05    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

This used to work fine under 2.x but I have not been able to figure out how to run future dated blog-posts.

I am hosting my website in the US with a 9 hour difference to my location (i.e. current time on server is Mon Sep 7 23:02:45 PDT 2009 and local time is Tue Sep 8 08:03:05 SAST 2009).

I have therefore set the time difference on my regional settings to 9 hours and when I create a blog-post I specify a date/time. I just tried it now and set a date to 11/09/09 07:00:00 and clicked publish and the post immediately appears on the blog. Editing the post reveals that the future dated time is not being honoured and the blog-post has been set to 08/09/09 08:03:05).

Anyone else got the same problem and how can this be fixed?

2 Sep 09, 2009 11:18

By chance did you hit the button marked "Publish Now!" ? In which case, that's exactly what it did ;)

¥

3 Sep 09, 2009 15:26

¥åßßå wrote:

By chance did you hit the button marked "Publish Now!" ? In which case, that's exactly what it did ;)

¥

I only have 5 buttons: WYSIWYG, Preview, Save & Edit, Save, Publish Now. I was hoping that "Save" would save and then post for future - does not work though.

4 Sep 09, 2009 17:40

Save *should* do that ( not "publish now" though ), but you'd need to set the post status to published in the radios on the right.

Pretty sure the feature does work though because topanga makes *heavy* use of future dated posts and she's not mentioned anything.

Next time I see her online I'll point her at this post

¥

5 Sep 09, 2009 19:33

¥åßßå wrote:

Save *should* do that ( not "publish now" though ), but you'd need to set the post status to published in the radios on the right.

Pretty sure the feature does work though because topanga makes *heavy* use of future dated posts and she's not mentioned anything.

Next time I see her online I'll point her at this post

¥

Thanks, the change of status did it. I am sure that in a previous version this was either set automatically or there was a different button - can't remember. Appreciate your help - it was the obvious I didn't see...

6 Sep 09, 2009 19:52

In previous versions the default status was "published" ... nowadays it's "draft" .... cos only a genius could write a post in one hit ... and we wouldn't want to attract geniuses huh? ;)

Glad it worked :D

¥

7 Nov 18, 2009 18:10

Hi there,

After my most recent upgrade (to 3.3.2) my default post status is now Draft instead of Published.

How can I change that?

Thanks,
Ross

8 Nov 24, 2009 19:47

You really don't want it to be published.
In this version, you can save in the time that you are writing a post.
There is also the 'autosave' option.
Ofcourse both of them need a draft version of your article.

It was hard for me in the beginning also, but once I saw the benefits of the 'draft', I don't want to go back anymore

Form is loading...