Recent Topics

1 Nov 30, 2009 19:08    

My b2evolution Version:

Hi, is someone who knows how can I upgrade the file volume of the each files I can upload to server?
For example I want to upload a flash file over 10 MB, is possible to make it?
Or is possible to upload for each file only until about 3 MB?
Thanks

2 Nov 30, 2009 20:19

You have it in global settings - files - ninth option

3 Nov 30, 2009 20:31

Please what is ninth option?
I can not see it there.
Thanks very much

4 Nov 30, 2009 20:55

Ion Rey wrote:

You have it in global settings - files - ninth option

Aaa yes I found it but it gives me only until 10000 kb only, I have it in 10000 but is still no possible to upload a file bigger than 3 MB!

5 Nov 30, 2009 21:21

Have you realize of the following message near the ninth option? <br>

This cannot be higher than your PHP/Webserver setting and the limit of $upload_maxmaxkb (in /conf/_advanced.php), which is currently 16000 KB!

6 Nov 30, 2009 21:26

Ion Rey wrote:

Have you realize of the following message near the ninth option? <br>

This cannot be higher than your PHP/Webserver setting and the limit of $upload_maxmaxkb (in /conf/_advanced.php), which is currently 16000 KB!

Can I change it?
And how is it possible, Please if you want write me back how can I do it.

7 Nov 30, 2009 21:32

Yes, you can change it.

Go to /conf/_advanced.php file and in the line 517 you´ll find

* Admin can configure max file upload size, but he won't be able to set it higher than this "max max" value.
*/
$upload_maxmaxkb = 16000;

As you see in the example, I configured it in 16Mb, that is, 16000

8 Nov 30, 2009 21:40

Ion Rey wrote:

Yes, you can change it.

Go to /conf/_advanced.php file and in the line 517 you´ll find

* Admin can configure max file upload size, but he won't be able to set it higher than this "max max" value.
*/
$upload_maxmaxkb = 16000;

As you see in the example, I configured it in 16Mb, that is, 16000

To make this change have I log in in the control panel of the server- account?

9 Nov 30, 2009 21:53

Did you install yourself b2evolution on the server?
Do you have access to the files via FTP?
Have you ever changed any skin or installed a new one?

Yes, I supose you have to log in the control panel of the server. But if the answer to the questions above is "no", may be you can´t do it, because it would mean that you don´t have enough control of your installation.

10 Nov 30, 2009 21:54

I am looking to go there you write me but I can not find how can I go there you write me!

11 Nov 30, 2009 21:56

Ion Rey wrote:

Did you install yourself b2evolution on the server?
Do you have access to the files via FTP?
Have you ever changed any skin or installed a new one?

Yes, I supose you have to log in the control panel of the server. But if the answer to the questions above is "no", may be you can´t do it, because it would mean that you don´t have enough control of your installation.

Yes I have install it by my self on the server, I am on blue host.

13 Nov 30, 2009 22:00

Go via FTP, get the file _advanced.php to your computer (that is in the folder: config, that is in the folder: blogs, that is in the root folder of your b2evolution)
Make the change and upload the file

14 Nov 30, 2009 22:03

In order to change it, you must have the choice to get that file into your computer.

I did it via ftp, but I don´t know how to do it without ftp.

Ask to your server. Explain them you want to change the code of one the files of your b2evolution instalation
Good luck!

15 Nov 30, 2009 22:07

Thanks friend I have got he file in my computer, and I am looking about to change this, I hope I will find the point that is to change.
Thanks again.

16 Nov 30, 2009 22:16

I have the same massage this one:
The file does not seem to be a valid upload! It may exceed the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

and after this

Allowed file extensions: gif, png, jpg, jpeg, txt, pdf, doc, xls, ppt, pps, zip, css, mp3, m4a, mp4, mov & swf
Maximum allowed file size: 29 MB

17 Nov 30, 2009 22:22

evanrizo wrote:

I have the same massage this one:
The file does not seem to be a valid upload! It may exceed the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

and after this

Allowed file extensions: gif, png, jpg, jpeg, txt, pdf, doc, xls, ppt, pps, zip, css, mp3, m4a, mp4, mov & swf
Maximum allowed file size: 29 MB

O have done the changes you wrote me, but still the same situation, I think I have done it with the right way, I found 517 line and I put there 30000 kb

18 Dec 01, 2009 15:17

The maximum allowed file size doesn´t depend only on that file, but also in the limit your server sets up. May be, your servers doesn´t allow you to exceed the limit of 3Mb!!

Form is loading...