Recent Topics

1 Jan 23, 2010 13:01    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all,

on my (apache) server I manage several different virtual hosts. Some of them shall get b2evolution installed.

Those websites are completely not related to each other, sharing the same document root as described in http://manual.b2evolution.net/MultipleDomains is absolutely not an option.

Do I need to install b2evolution seperately for each of them?

I was rather thinking of installing it somewhere on my server (say in /usr/share/b2evolution) and adding a

Alias /blog /usr/share/b2evolution

to each vhost's apache config.

Would that work?
If not: Could that be made working with only a few hacks? I won't mind doing those ...

Any hint appreciated. I found a lot of forum threads about multiple domains, but none that dealt with such a case.

2 Jan 26, 2010 10:46

Install b2evo on blog.com , then set absolute URLs for each blog on Blog settings > URLs tab

Put stub files in each domain root with the following content

<?php
$blog = 56; // Blog ID

$show_statuses = array();
$timestamp_min = '';
$timestamp_max = 'now';

require_once '/PATH_TO_B2EVO_CONFIG/blog/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

All your blogs will share one control panel and resources located on blog.com . You can get each blog by calling their stub file like blog1.com/stub.php . Note that you must include stub file name in absolute blog URL if you're not using index.php as stubs

The bad thing is that cookies won't work, you won't stay logged in switching between domains :(

3 Jan 27, 2010 01:08

This looks sensible. Thanks! I'll try that.
On first sight it looks as if I could even adapt that to the technique I've mentioned above.

sam2kb wrote:

The bad thing is that cookies won't work, you won't stay logged in switching between domains :(

No problem for me since those blogs will be rather completely independent and I won't write in all (any?) of them anyway. And I guess each will recognize its own cookies (at least if I patch that cookie line I've read about somewhere else ...)

4 Jan 27, 2010 02:31

And I guess each will recognize its own cookies (at least if I patch that cookie line I've read about somewhere else ...)

What you read is instruction for subdomain installation, when blogs are subdomains of the main b2evo domain ex. blogger.com or wordpress.com services.

5 Jan 29, 2010 23:49

If you share the same config between blogs, I don't see any real difference with sharing the document root ;)

(Unless you have other files lying around in each docroot of course.)

Form is loading...