Recent Topics

1 Feb 01, 2010 17:47    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to hide a page from the menu but still be able to access it if linked in a new article.

I'll give you an example of what I want to do.. lets say I created a page called Apple Sauce because I wrote an article about Apple Sauce. In that article, I just want to simply link to the page title Apple Sauce. But once I created said page, it's already linked in the Menu. What I want to do is make it so the page isn't linked in the menu, but when the page link 'Apple Sauce' is clicked in the article about Apple Sauce, it still works.

Is all of this possible? (I hope I didn't confuse anyone Lol.)

2 Feb 02, 2010 17:25

Simplest solution I can come up with, off the top of my head, is to create a second blog for the hidden pages.

¥

3 Feb 02, 2010 17:44

Is that really the only solution? Isn't the type of solution I was looking for.

I'll even do a bit of 'hacking'. I'll look in my mysql database for anything related to the menu items. Until then, if anyone else has any other idea's, please let me know. :)

Thanks for posting btw.

4 Feb 02, 2010 17:49

No, that's the simplest solution.

If you're into hacking code you'd probably want to spend some time in the pages widget and add a setting for "don't show pages in this category/some other unique bit".

If yer into hacking lots of code you'd add a box to the write screen ;)

¥

5 Feb 02, 2010 17:53

I'm actually not into hacking Lol. I don't know php at all. I did look in the mysql database and I saw nothing related to the menu (well, from my extremely noob experience, I think I look for the right things.)

I'll try your solution, yabba. Thanks.

quick question though, I'm assuming I can hide the 'blog'?

6 Feb 02, 2010 18:04

Untick "include in public bloglist" ;)

¥

7 Feb 02, 2010 18:06

Alright well that worked. It's about the same as I was looking for. Thanks Yabba.

Form is loading...