Recent Topics

1 Aug 13, 2004 16:07    

I am having problems with teasing... stop sniggering at the back there, please...

What happens is that when I hit the !M button in 'edit' the tag is placed at the very end of the text, and that is exactly where it shows up in the blog, realtime. (I guess this is because I am adding it after the text is typed in.) So, OK, instead, if I insert the tag myself, it doesn't always render ... by that I mean that sometimes it shows up as the proper graphic/text and sometimes it shows as [More:] in the blog realtime.

Anyideas where I am going astray???

Is it that this MUST be entered as the text is entered, and cannot be added afterward?

Regards,

2 Aug 13, 2004 17:02

you can edit the post and add the <!--more--> tag whenever you want.

Here's how to write it in your post:

teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser teaser

<!--more-->

extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text extended text

Get it?

When you're viewing the posts on your blog, and looking at multiple posts, it shows the link. When you're viewing just one post (like, if you click on the link) it just shows "[More:]" and then shows the extended stuff.

If it's not rendering like this, it's because the tag is not properly entered. It should look like this: <!--more-->

3 Aug 14, 2004 11:17

Thanks for taking the time to give me that info, Isaac.

4 Dec 24, 2004 12:37

Hey I get it! <!--more-->

This is a fantastic function. People were getting bored when one post was taking up a full page.

Thanks guys.

5 Dec 24, 2004 14:08

you can also use <!--nextpage--> for pagination

6 Dec 25, 2004 03:11

I will have to find the documentation and read up but thanks for the tip.

I just installed my site at www.ace-host.net with a script using my host?s fantastico. It took like 30 min for my first post including the install. I tried 10 other products but this just seemed so easy. I tried blogger and live journal. Live journal is in my opinion and people who wanted to access my information just too confusing.

I would like to upload thumbnails and then click on them for larger ones because some people are on dialup and it takes too long for high resolution photos to load but I guess I will find out.

I am thinking of using other software for a photo gallery as I am an armature photographer. I don't think b2 will give me that flexibility. I don't know why people are giving the developers of b2 such a hard time. I am very proficient at using computers and others turn to me for help but getting a web log software to run on my own server was difficult until I got to b2.

I will browse the forums before asking n00b questions.

When someone dumps some PayPal money in my account I will make a payment as the software is very good.

So despite some of the negative I have seen here including the loss of the forum data this will continue to be a great project. I have only been using it for a month and others want the same setup.

There are some good commercial dedicated blog hosting but they would cost too much as I will be uploading heaps of photos. I tried typepad.com but it did not offer much more and it had data restrictions. I have 500M and pay less for my hosting than typepad. I just went back though looking at typepad and they have added some cool features. I will have to start posting to the wish list :-)

Have a great Christmas everyone.

7 Dec 25, 2004 13:06

agent86 wrote:

I would like to upload thumbnails and then click on them for larger ones because some people are on dialup and it takes too long for high resolution photos to load but I guess I will find out.

that's not possible yet, sorry.
i don't know if there's a hack around

agent86 wrote:

I am thinking of using other software for a photo gallery as I am an armature photographer. I don't think b2 will give me that flexibility. I don't know why people are giving the developers of b2 such a hard time. I am very proficient at using computers and others turn to me for help but getting a web log software to run on my own server was difficult until I got to b2.

there's an existing hack for a photo gallery in the hacks-forum, so it's already possible to combine both worlds. maybe it's not the best of both yet, but as soon as the new plugin-architekture is complete, hopefull we will get more powerful solutions.

8 Dec 27, 2004 10:20

Thanks for that infomation. If a good thumbnail that linked easily to a photo gallery could be setup it would be great. Will hold back and see if anyone comes up with something. I am not a programmer and can only make minor changes.

9 Nov 30, 2005 05:14

isaac wrote:

When you're viewing the posts on your blog, and looking at multiple posts, it shows the link. When you're viewing just one post (like, if you click on the link) it just shows "[More:]" and then shows the extended stuff.

Thanks for explaining that!
:D

Form is loading...