Recent Topics

1 Jun 30, 2010 22:27    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I want to display the last few post titles on another page.

Is there a way to get a PHP script to grab the titles of the last 3 post titles and display them without the full story? Kind of like a preview?

2 Jun 30, 2010 23:02

jasonreed wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I want to display the last few post titles on another page.

Is there a way to get a PHP script to grab the titles of the last 3 post titles and display them without the full story? Kind of like a preview?

off the top of my head; you can [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14046]create a custom display[/url], then cut out 'the post loop' and place a post list widget there instead..And configure the post list widget to suit your needs [number of items to be shown, show excerpt/full etc.]

3 Jun 30, 2010 23:28

That displays it exactly like I need it but how can I generate a file with just that information in it. I don't need blog headers, etc. Just that html that it is generating.

4 Jul 01, 2010 00:40

jasonreed wrote:

That displays it exactly like I need it but how can I generate a file with just that information in it. I don't need blog headers, etc. Just that html that it is generating.

just copy your index.main.php and follow the instructions on that topic, combining with the things i have said above, and rip off the unnecessary parts (post loop, body.header.php &footer...php & sidebar includes -basically everything- {or create a basic php file with just the top most main init & widget container} ).

Starting off is the half of finishing, feel free to ask if you get stuck

Form is loading...