Recent Topics

1 Aug 17, 2010 07:15    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I swear, I do not even have the time to care about this. I am in the middle of managing another site and I found some useful code at Tynt.com that I wanted to use to receive attribution from people who are constantly stealing my content.

I added the coding immediately after the <head> tag in the _html_header.inc.php file and loaded the page up. Jacked up the site, so I took it out and now it's just wrecked. I haven't mistakenly left out a character or anything. What the hell?

As an FYI, thought I doubt it matters, this is the code I'd entered and then removed when I discovered the trouble it caused.

--------------------------------------
<script type="text/javascript">
if(document.location.protocol=='http:'){
var Tynt=Tynt||[];Tynt.push('aNgksoQour36Vuadbi-bnq');Tynt.i={"cc":"1","ap":"Read more at Nixon Virtual Strategies: "};
(function(){var s=document.createElement('script');s.async="async";s.type="text/javascript";s.src='http://tcr.tynt.com/ti.js';var h=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];h.parentNode.insertBefore(s,h);})();
}
</script>

--------------------------------------

2 Aug 17, 2010 10:19

I doubt anyone else is going to have the time to care about it either without at least providing a link to the site so we can try and diagnose it.

3 Aug 17, 2010 14:03

Ooops, haa haaa!

cw-connect.com

My bad. I'm exhausted. Been up 24 straight working on another site and I'm stretched thin.

4 Aug 17, 2010 14:15

OK, I am assuming that when you said your site was 'wrecked' in your first post you mean that it is loading fine but it is loading without any styles applied? If this is a wrong assumption then let me know.

A quick look at the source shows:

<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" title="RSD" href="../http://www.cw-connect.com/blog/xmlsrv/rsd.php?blog=1" />
	<meta name="viewport" content="width = 750" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="../style.css" type="text/css" />

For some reason you have a ../ on the front of your RSD and your stylesheet declaration. Take a look in your _html_header.inc.php to find out why or post the content of it here so I can see what you are seeing.

L

5 Aug 17, 2010 14:20

No problem. Thanks much. I am telling you, I can handle almost anything, but at 42 when something that always works just slips and I can't figure it - aaaargh!

Hang on getting code to paste.

6 Aug 17, 2010 14:21

<?php
/**
* This is the HTML header include template.
* For a quick explanation of b2evo 2.0 skins, please start here:
* {@link http://manual.b2evolution.net/Skins_2.0}
* This is meant to be included in a page template.
* Note: This is also included in the popup: do not include site navigation!
* @package evoskins
*/
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

global $xmlsrv_url;

add_js_for_toolbar(); // Registers all the javascripts needed by the toolbar menu

header_content_type(); // Sets charset!
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php locale_lang() ?>" lang="<?php locale_lang() ?>">
<head>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/img/favicon.ico" >
<link rel="icon" href="/img/favicon.gif" type="image/gif" >
<?php skin_content_meta(); /* Charset for static pages */ ?>
<?php skin_base_tag(); /* Base URL for this skin. You need this to fix relative links! */ ?>
<?php $Plugins->trigger_event( 'SkinBeginHtmlHead' ); ?>
<title><?php
// ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
request_title( array(
'auto_pilot' => 'seo_title',
) );
// ------------------------------ END OF REQUEST TITLE -----------------------------
?></title>
<?php skin_description_tag(); ?>
<?php skin_keywords_tag(); ?>
<?php robots_tag(); ?>
<meta name="generator" content="b2evolution <?php app_version(); ?>" /> <!-- Please leave this for stats -->
<?php
if( $Blog->get_setting( 'feed_content' ) != 'none' )
{ // auto-discovery urls
?>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'rss2_url', 'raw' ) ?>" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom" href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'atom_url', 'raw' ) ?>" />
<?php
}
?>
<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" title="RSD" href="../<?php echo $xmlsrv_url; ?>rsd.php?blog=<?php echo $Blog->ID; ?>" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width = 750" />
<?php include_headlines() /* Add javascript and css files included by plugins and skin */ ?>
<?php
$Blog->disp( 'blog_css', 'raw');
$Blog->disp( 'user_css', 'raw');
?>
</head>

<body>

<?php
// ---------------------------- TOOLBAR INCLUDED HERE ----------------------------
require $skins_path.'_toolbar.inc.php';
// ------------------------------- END OF TOOLBAR --------------------------------

echo "\n";
if( is_logged_in() )
{
echo '<div id="skin_wrapper" class="skin_wrapper_loggedin">';
}
else
{
echo '<div id="skin_wrapper" class="skin_wrapper_anonymous">';
}
echo "\n";
?>
<!-- Start of skin_wrapper -->

7 Aug 17, 2010 14:39

Try changing

<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" title="RSD" href="../<?php echo $xmlsrv_url; ?>rsd.php?blog=<?php echo $Blog->ID; ?>" /> 

to

<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" title="RSD" href="<?php echo $xmlsrv_url; ?>rsd.php?blog=<?php echo $Blog->ID; ?>" /> 

and

to

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" /> 

and see what happens.

L

8 Aug 17, 2010 14:45

Will do. Apparently some issues on FatCow so as soon as I can test it out I'll report back. Thanks much!

9 Aug 17, 2010 17:07

Thank you more than I can express here! It worked. But how in the world did all that change when I simply added then deleted code that had nothing to do with that? Or had it changed on the server? I have a feeling it has to do with pointers. I purchased a new domain and even though they're completely separate I've had this happen before when I purchased a new domain with them and I made a change in one site and the other flipped.

Oh well, whatever it was, thanks for getting me back in business. I'm gonna buy you a pony.

10 Aug 17, 2010 18:03

No worries, glad you are back up and running.

L

Form is loading...