Recent Topics

1 Sep 09, 2010 14:19    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I would like to know if it is possible to create a “forum” type page with B2. I am new to blogging and would like to give the users on my page the ability to post new topics or open up new areas for discussion. Right now the only thing I have them doing is going to my posts and responding. Is there a function or way to have a place where they can post their own comments/start a new thread of their choice? Sorry if this is so rudimentary but I am trying to learn the hang of this. Thanks in advance for any assistance or comments.

V/R
Mike

2 Sep 12, 2010 12:03

There are many other threads already started on this topic, so a search would be a good idea.

As far as I can recall there are two options: use the blogrum plugin which doesn't do everything, but is a start; use a different CMS and link to it from your blog.

3 Sep 18, 2010 00:05

I suggest looking into phpBB3 - you can install it in it's own directory alongside b2 and link to it from your b2 site. It seems like a pretty good forum software, it's open source and it runs on the same host as b2 (MySQL/PHP)

Form is loading...