Recent Topics

1 Nov 29, 2010 13:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am completely new to blogs. I put this together for a friend:

http://www.oldbikebuilder.com

I am using the current version of b2e.

I am having trouble with the Welcome category link (middle column). When you click on it, you see a variation of one of the b2e demo posts ("Four blogs have been created with sample contents...."). If you then click on "more" you get the real Welcome post.

If you click on Welcome under the Contents listing, you go directly to the real post.

I have tried searching for the sample post in the back end but can't find it anywhere. Where is it and why can't I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help.
/Isabelle

2 Dec 07, 2010 07:45

Perhaps your blog is set to display post excerpts for category pages and the excerpt for that post didn't get changed for some reason. Go to the edit area for that post and check the excerpt field at the bottom... what do you see?

3 Dec 07, 2010 12:58

Interesting. That may be what's going on but the Advanced Properties section is not there when I write a post. I have: Post Contents, Images/Attachments, Meta Info, Categories, and Visibility/Sharing.

Did I turn off the Advanced Properties somehow?

Thanks for your help.
/Isabelle

4 Dec 07, 2010 19:31

When you're in the edit view, at the top left you'll see two tabs: simple and expert, click over to expert and you'll get a bunch more options, including the excerpts field toward the bottom.

5 Dec 07, 2010 20:54

Excellent. I found it and was able to remove the excerpt text. Now when I look at the post, it has the correct text, but it still has a "more...". I don't want the post to have an excerpt at all. I just want it to be a regular post like all the others.

6 Dec 07, 2010 21:31

Ok, so go to Blog Settings at the top, and SEO on the lower menu bar, then scroll down to Category Pages and change it from Post Excerpts to Standard Post Contents. Is that what you're looking for?

7 Dec 07, 2010 21:41

Thank you! That's it. Whew. I appreciate it!

8 Dec 07, 2010 22:13

No problem - your site looks great!

9 Dec 08, 2010 01:08

Thanks! Still some work to be done, but it's a good start.

10 Dec 08, 2010 01:17

Keep the questions coming - I just started a website business for nonprofits 6 months ago, before which time I knew nothing about websites - the people on the forum are amazing at helping out with any questions and have been tremendously supportive. We're all here to help each other and learn!

Form is loading...