Recent Topics

1 Mar 01, 2011 21:45    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.3

Hi,

Very new user to b2evolution. The key feature that decided in favour of b2evolution is the mature and stable multiple domain feature, so I am setting up with multi-domains right from the start. Yes, I know that going straight into advanced features of new (to me) software isn't the greatest choice, but the multiple site feature is very important to so I need to know I can make it work before loading my sites.

I currently have b2evolution version 4.0.3 loaded with the 4 demo blogs and a different domain on each.

These aren't the names I'm using but say the mapping is:
Blog A - example.com
Blog B - example.net
Blog C - example.bad.nz (Actually a .co.nz domain, but there's no .nz example domain I know of)

I've done the multi-domain set-up according to http://manual.b2evolution.net/MultipleDomains, except my cookie domain in _advanced.php is

$cookie_domain = '.'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
if( substr( $cookie_domain, 0, 5 )== '.www.' ) {
        $cookie_domain = '.'.substr( $cookie_domain, 5 );
}

This gets me around the .co.uk vs .com problem noted in the source file, not in a general way, but good-enough for my purposes.

Every thing looks good so far, except the in the admin toolbar at the top of the page where nearly all of the links are back to the admin page on example.com.

This means that if I log into Blog B on example.net, then click on "write" to add new content, I'm taken to example.com, admittedly in edit mode for Blog B. If I'm not logged into example.com I need to log-in there. Put another way, I need to log into two sites to edit one.

I hope all the above makes sense.

Other than being inelegant, this is important to me as in addition to my own sites I host two Wordpress blogs, one each for my sister and my wife and am hoping to negotiate moving them from Wordpress to the single b2evolution instance and I will it need to to be pretty much seamless to get buy-in.

Thanks

Bruce

2 Mar 01, 2011 22:25

Sorry, I just noticed the sticky for this forum that I'm supposed to give my URL as well. I left them out because it's not relevant unless you're logged in and I didn't want it to look like I was spamming . They are:
Blog A - kiore.com
Blog B - nzskiingholidays.com
Blog C - nzman.com
Blog D - tikitour.co.nz

Bruce

3 Feb 02, 2014 00:42

This problem remains unresolved for nearly 2 years now
I just tried posting a comment or email in Bruce's blog and made the experience he still hast the cookie domain problem why the comments cannot be sent!

Does that mean it is not possible to solve it ?
Did B2evo loose its multi domain capabilities?
So I can as well switch to wordpress where the comunity is bigger... no ????

4 Feb 02, 2014 13:41

Hello @ingeniero,

There are, in deed, several posts like this that have been leaved unanswered, but we are currently focused in try to solve any issue newly reported in forums. Of course, this community is not as big as others, but we try to give you personalized assitance directly from the lead maintainer (@fplanque), or from any other member.

Of course issues could be solved, we only need as much information as possible, consider that some cases could look like the same, but they are not. And, at the end, remember this is a totally free help, then we try to do our best in combination of the many other tasks that a complex software demands. Maybe, if your bussiness lays on b2evo and have no satisfactory answers from the online manuals and the forums, you always could try to contact one of this guys: http://b2evolution.net/about/professionals.php in order to quickly fix your specifig problems. At the end, that will be a way cheaper solution than migrate to any other software ;)

Multi-domains are perfectly working in the standard release, you only need some help to make them work properly in your conditions and according your needs. Personally, I have answered several comments from you, actually this was the last one a couple of days ago: http://b2evolution.net/man/installation-upgrade/advanced-setup/multiple-domains, there you will find a detailed example about how to make multi-domains work. Then, if that information is not useful for you, please keep posting and we will be glad trying to help you.

Regards!

Form is loading...