Recent Topics

1 Oct 05, 2011 06:36    

My b2evolution Version: 4.x

In upgrading to V4.1.1 I noted that the post, in loading, falters when it comes to loading the Comments area. It just indicates continually that it is loading but loads nothing beneath "Comment feed for this post".

However, if I turn-off Caching Admin for Ajax forms under Blog Settings>>Advanced all works well.

Is this a setting issue or a bug?
Thanks

2 Oct 05, 2011 21:30

You need to have javascript enabled to load AJAX forms.
Can you post a link to your website and enable AJAX form for a while?

4 Oct 06, 2011 00:13

mootools.js may be a problem here

First see if removing mootools.js tag fixes the forms, if it is we'll figure out a more elegant solution :)

5 Oct 06, 2011 00:41

The only place I can see mootools.js in the files is in the _footnotes_plugin which is not used/called. A search of all files does not reveal it been called anywhere else. I renamed the plugin.

However, the issue remains.

6 Oct 06, 2011 03:59

mootools.js is gone now. However I realized that forms don't load simply because you don't have jQuery library.

Make sure you have this line at the end of <head> section in your skin, usually in _html_header.inc.php

include_headlines();

You may also want to compare your custom _html_header.inc.php with the original in /skins directory, and transfer changes.

7 Oct 06, 2011 04:34

Yep - worked. Thanks for the help. However, I have to turn-off Ajax to get the re-captcha plug-in to work. Is there an advantage in not using re-captcha and only using Ajax or should one use both and if so how?

8 Oct 06, 2011 04:42

AJAX forms give you a great level of protection against average spammers. More advanced spammers can bypass both AJAX forms and captcha anyway.

My choice would be enable AJAX forms and page cache, and disable captcha for a few days and see how it goes.

9 Oct 06, 2011 04:45

BTW I just sent a test comment and it looks like it went through!

11 Oct 22, 2011 02:46

If I'm not logged in and look on the side for feedback/comments of the post, there will be the flash circle - and nothing happens.

Version 4.1.1 of b2evo now from 4.0.5, FF 7.0.1 Flash and Javascript is active.

1. Where I can deactivate this - not so good - thing with this flash for the comment side?

2. Is it right, that at the URI "http://domain.tld/blogs/admin.php?ctrl=settings" the tab "General" (in german: Allgemein) is not working?

thanks for your answer

12 Oct 22, 2011 02:49

1. Where I can deactivate this - not so good - thing with this flash for the comment side?

Blog settings > Advanced > AJAX forms

Could you give a link to your blog?

2. Is it right, that at the URI "http://domain.tld/blogs/admin.php?ctrl=settings" the tab "General" (in german: Allgemein) is not working?

This bug will be fixed in 4.1.2

13 Oct 22, 2011 02:56

Hi

Could you give a link to your blog?

blogs.ednong.de/

This bug will be fixed in 4.1.2

Nice to hear - but how get I access to this settings?

thanks for your answer
ed

15 Oct 22, 2011 03:18

sam2kb wrote:

Well.. you disabled AJAX forms already. Can you enable them back for a few minutes so I can check what's going wrong?

Enabled, Sir. Now! ;) until 3:30 h CEST

Now I change it back - I hope, it was enough time for testing.

Thx for your help.

16 Oct 22, 2011 03:38

Ok, now disable captcha plugin and see if forms are working ;)

If they are you may want to install the latest reCaptcha plugin which takes care of registration and login screens leaving AJAX comment forms alone. You don't really need both captcha and AJAX forms.

17 Oct 25, 2011 01:44

Nope,
I will not disable the captcha. And no, I will not install the recaptcha thing. I like the captcha from blueyed - it's great and enough.

So I will let disabled the AJAX thing because it will not work with some browser together and let enabled the latest captcha thing from blueyed. So no Spam here now and in future, I guess.

Thx for your help
ednong

18 Nov 07, 2011 04:22

sam2kb
Just uploaded V4.1.2 (changed files only) and my problem with loading Ajax forms has returned.
The file has retained your earlier suggestion of including just before </head> the code <? include_headlines(); ?>
Any suggestions?

19 Nov 18, 2011 00:41

myob9a wrote:

sam2kb
Just uploaded V4.1.2 (changed files only) and my problem with loading Ajax forms has returned.
The file has retained your earlier suggestion of including just before </head> the code <? include_headlines(); ?>
Any suggestions?

Same here :/

Furthermore disabling AJAX in preference tab does not work for me.

Form is loading...