Recent Topics

1 Jun 20, 2005 21:59    

I was hoping someone could please explain how to migrate b2e from one server to another. I realize that the database needs to be backed up and restored onto the new server, but I have no idea how to do this as I'm not familiar with phpMyAdmin (or any other PHP program, for that matter). I see that there's a section to export the database, but I don't know where to go from there. Please help!

2 Jun 20, 2005 22:57

Nevermind, I figured it out. For those who have this question in the future, here's what you have to do:

1) Open phpMyAdmin on your old server. We'll call this "Bob".

2) Open phpMyAdmin on your new server. We'll call this "Sue".

3) On Bob, click on the Export tab on the top toolbar.

4) On the left side of the main window, under the "Export" heading, click "Select All" and leave "SQL" selected.

5) Towards the bottom, under the "Save as file" heading (which should be UNCHECKED), click the "Go" button.

6) Jump over to Sue. Under the Structure tab, click "Check All" and select "Drop" in the drop-down box to the right. This will delete everything in your new database, which is what's supposed to happen.

7) Click on the SQL tab.

8) Jump over to Bob right quick. Select all of the text that appeared in the box and copy it.

9) Back to Sue. Paste what you just copied into the empty textbox under the SQL tab. Click the "Go" button.

That's it; your database is now rebuilt with all of your old posts and comments. Just make sure you go back into the backoffice (admin section) of b2e to update your templates. You should be good to go.

Hope this comes in handy. When you have an extra sec, check out my new site -- http://WhatIsTheHell.com.

3 Jan 31, 2009 18:05

I followed what you did with the database, but my blog still doesn't show on my new server. What else do I have to do when I switch servers?

4 Jan 31, 2009 18:46

It's probably worth mentioning that before you do any of this you will find it easier to have a working version of b2evo installed on your destination server. that way you know that any problems arise from the database import and not your install.

It's also possible to install b2evo on top of a database, if you give it the correct details when you install it will automatically update the database if needed - that is, assuming your source database is an older version of b2evo as is usually the case.

5 Jan 31, 2009 19:00

And you may need to update your database details & $baseurl in /conf/_basic_config.php ;)

¥

Form is loading...