Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2005 15:58    

Hi,

I use v.0.9.0.10.

b2 is using a lot of resources on my server and I'd like to know how I could optimize it; the main resource issue I see is with the MySQL database. So, how could I optimize b2 and ease the load on the database?

Thanks in advance, :p
Asterix "11"

2 Jul 10, 2005 16:48

If it's that bad, you should use static pages.

3 Jul 11, 2005 02:01

Ok, how do I switch to static pages? What's the drawback?

4 Jul 11, 2005 09:04

Enter a static file name in the blogs tab. Make sure your .htaccess is set to use that instead of your .php file. Click on generate static page when you've made a post.

The drawbacks are that you need to generate the page for any changes to show up. For example, it will still show 'no comments' even if there are comments, until you re-generate the page.

5 Jul 11, 2005 13:53

The static page is now generated but I can't find the htaccess file that has blog.php to change it to blog.html. Do you know where it's located in the directory? :p

I'm wondering if Trackbacks and PingBacks (under advanced) are using resources constantly and, if so, how much... Any idea?

6 Jul 11, 2005 21:27

You have to create the .htaccess
Search on the forums (or on the web) you will tutorial for .htaccess file

7 Jul 12, 2005 00:58

Didn't want to do something silly... So I'll use the default htaccess for that site.

Merci !

8 Jul 12, 2005 12:58

The main issue of the static pages is they have to be generated manually. Moreover, when your blog becomes popular, about 20 to 60% of your visits come from search engines and direct visitors to articles instead of the blog's homepage.

You can reduce your CPU usage by removing features from your skin. Remove top and recent referrers, remove recent comments and so on.

You can also implement the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=4672]Simple Cache Hack[/url] to reduce MySQL accesses.

Form is loading...