Recent Topics

1 Aug 31, 2005 06:31    

When I go to my site, the blog page that shows up on the index is the "All" page, so it shows all of the blogs on the first page. How in the world to I change it so that the first page I see is the "Anouncements" page?

2 Aug 31, 2005 08:56

go to the backoffice (admin-area) and click on the 'blogs'-tab
You will see all your blogs.
Next to the all blog you will see (default)
click on the blog that you want to be your default blog
Click in
Access parameters - Preferred access type - Default blog on index.php

PS : there is no such thing a 'stupid' all blog... that blog has a purpose, only not for you

3 Aug 31, 2005 18:55

Topanga wrote:

go to the backoffice (admin-area) and click on the 'blogs'-tab
You will see all your blogs.
Next to the all blog you will see (default)
click on the blog that you want to be your default blog
Click in
Access parameters - Preferred access type - Default blog on index.php

PS : there is no such thing a 'stupid' all blog... that blog has a purpose, only not for you

hey thanks, but that wasn't the "all" that i was talking about. the one i'm talking about is on my actual home page. On the side menue there are several links like "All" "Announcements" "background" "news" i want to know how to get the "all" link of of there because i want the first page i see to be the announcements page, not all of the blogs that i have posted.

PS: hahaha i guess its not stupid, just inconvenient.

4 Aug 31, 2005 19:17

Please provide a link. It helps a LOT. I can guess that you are talking about categories, but I still don't think you are. When you talk about the "all" link on the side that is completely different from the first page you see.

You can remove the "all" link from the categories list - in the sidebar - by opening your skin's _categories.php file and finding

# You can customize the following as you wish:
$cat_all = 'All'; // Set to empty to hide

and changing 'All' to ''. That won't change anything other than not having the option to select all cats at once, meaning you won't see only the announcements on your page. Assuming you are using blog 1 for your main blog then all posts show up there unless you specify otherwise by using stub files. It's possible to only have certain blogs show up in the categories list on the sidebar on blog 1, meaning for example you can keep blog 5 from listing, but you will still have all the cats from other blogs listed - even if you get rid of the 'all' link.

See it's really complex. There's so much going on inside b2evo that 'all' and 'main page' could mean lots of things. Show us what you have and give us as much detail as you can about what you want and where. If it can be done someone will help you out. If it can't be done someone will probably figure out how to do it, so either way you win. Just hook us up okay?

6 Sep 02, 2005 08:53

EdB wrote:

You can remove the "all" link from the categories list - in the sidebar - by opening your skin's _categories.php file and finding

$cat_all = 'All'; // Set to empty to hide

and changing 'All' to ''. That won't change anything other than not having the option to select all cats at once, meaning you won't see only the announcements on your page.

That is the way to go.
I only see 1 'All' on your blog, and tha tis in the categories...

You have choosen the skin reflection.

With your default editor (dreamweaver, notepad, whatever) open the file
skins/reflection/_categories.php and look for the line

if(!isset($cat_all)) $cat_all = 'All';	// Set to empty to hide

change that 'All' by *nothing* and upload the file.

Form is loading...