Recent Topics

1 Sep 17, 2005 17:04    

Well, my blog was suspended due to high resources usage before I upgrade it to the latest version. Now the database is damaged and I can't log in and therefore I don't know which version I was using. How can I know it without loging in to the admin backoffice? Is there any file that displays the version Im using that I can download via ftp?

I need to know the version Im using so I can upgrade it correctly.

thanks!

2 Sep 17, 2005 17:32

b2evocore/_vars.php, but if your database is damaged you'll need to take care of that first. Basically: phpmyadmin - select db - select 'check all' - dropdown menu select 'repair'. I could be wrong, but AFAIK if you were running a reasonably recent version of b2evolution then you just check the second radio button when doing the install page. Something like "upgrade an existing blog" but I know that's not the exact text.

3 Sep 18, 2005 03:51

hmmm.... aparently the database tables have disappeared! :'(

4 Sep 18, 2005 04:03

Nando wrote:

hmmm.... aparently the database tables have disappeared! :'(

Wow. There's a host who really knows how to minimize server loading!!!

Probably time to find a civilized host eh? I can see them getting mad, and I can see them suspending activity, but if they dumped your database that's just mean.

5 Sep 18, 2005 04:11

well, thata's the message I get on myphpadmin:

"#12 - Can't read dir of './nando_teste/' (Errcode: 13)"

and that's the message I get when I try to view my blog:

"MySQL error!

Can't find file: './nando_teste/evo_settings.frm' (errno: 13)(Errno=1017)

Your query:
SELECT * FROM evo_settings"

6 Sep 18, 2005 04:47

Best bet is to talk to your host. Tell them b2evolution updated to be easier on the server, and that you've learned how to help. Pretend like you weren't updating your antispam table or something, because I'm *sure* you were! Tell them the errors you're getting and ask them if they can get in and maybe repair your database.

I, of course, don't really know that your host is a meanie who wiped out any content. Just jumped to a conclusion there is all.

7 Sep 18, 2005 14:44

Trying to contact them... Live support is currently unavailable and I've already opened a support ticket. Let's wait and see....

8 Sep 18, 2005 16:56

everything is back to normal. thanks God! Upgrade already done :)

Form is loading...