Recent Topics

1 Oct 21, 2005 03:04    

Hey, I was wondering whether there's a simple way to allow text to wrap around images in your posts within b2evolution, or if there's a plugin that will allow this to happen automatically.

Thanks!

2 Oct 21, 2005 04:07

in your image tag include either class="leftmargin" or class="rightmargin".

3 Oct 21, 2005 04:09

Platypus3333 wrote:

Hey, I was wondering whether there's a simple way to allow text to wrap around images in your posts within b2evolution, or if there's a plugin that will allow this to happen automatically.

You can either use a CSS to define a special image class to be used on formatted images (don't redifine all the posts' images, since some might be smileys!)

Add this to your skin's CSS file:

.bPosts img.formatted {
	margin:0 0 8px 8px;
	padding:8px;
	float:right;
	clear:right;
	border:solid 1px #5e5c42;
	background-color:#fff;
}

Then, add your image to your posts as following:

<a class="formatted" alt="Alternative text" title="Alternative text" src="path/image.jpg" />

You can also avoid changing your CSS file and write the following in your post:

<a style="margin:0 0 8px 8px; padding:8px; float:right; clear:right; border:solid 1px #5e5c42; background-color:#fff;" alt="Alternative text" title="Alternative text" src="path/image.jpg" />

Needless to say the first solution is better, since you can change all images' appearence (at the condition they use the same class) by changing only one CSS file.

To learn more about CSS and HTML, have a look there:

[url=http://www.w3schools.com]W3 Schools[/url][/list:u] A rendering plug-in might change all the images' class/style, but it would look odd to see smileys moved on the left or on the right of a line. That might be fixed by changing the plug-in's priority, but IMHO it's not a very good idea, anyway.

4 Oct 21, 2005 05:00

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot for the help; I really appreciate it.

Form is loading...