Recent Topics

1 Oct 22, 2005 11:35    

Hi B2Evolutioners!

I am actually testing this new browser [url=http://www.flock.com/]flock[/url]. This browser has an "on board" blog-function: youn can blog directly from the browser, without using the backoffice.

Unfortunately I can't get the blog function work with b2evolution, although all settings seem to be correct.

Has anyone an idea how to get flock working with b2evolution?

2 Oct 22, 2005 17:38

I was wondering that myself. It seems that at the moment there is no support for b2evolution. I just put up a question myself on the flock support forum (http://community.flock.com/node/555). Hopefully there will be support for b2eveo soon or a plugin from b2eveo that emulates the way one of the other systems work.

3 Oct 22, 2005 18:27

b2evolution uses xmlrpc just like everyone else, so if they want to support it they should be able to without any modification to b2evolution.

4 Oct 23, 2005 11:24

In flock there's no ability to choose a categorie, just the option to type in tags. Maybe the missing category-support is the problem?

5 Oct 23, 2005 17:05

yes and no.
In b2evo you can set your default blog and default category.
Flickr uses that too..
So it must be possible..

If can edit /conf/_advanced.php around line 98 and change the following:
Code:
# by default posts will have this category
$default_category = 1;

Replace 1 with the number of the category you want to post to.

6 Oct 24, 2005 07:06

You're right! Flickr works properly. Hmmm.... :?: :?: :?:

7 Oct 25, 2005 02:27

I got flock dev preview 0.5 to auto discover it(on the 2nd attempt, I don't know what thats all about) as XML-RPC API type MetaWeblog. its looking for the xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php in your b2evo directory..however the lack of catagory support makes it not the most useable blog client...unless you only have one category

Sent in a comment about it though since I run 2 b2Evo blogs, here's hoping.
Flock rules though, I highly reccomend it.

8 Oct 25, 2005 06:50

It found even all my blogs, but not the categories. But it's work in progress. I think they will fix the bugs in some time...

Form is loading...