Recent Topics

1 Oct 24, 2005 01:24    

I feel foolish asking the question because I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. I have someone wanting to leave a comment and URL on my blog, their URL is greenman71.blogspot.com. It's being blocked and my eyes are swimming for trying to find reference to it or something similar on the anti-spam list. Nothing I've tried seems to work so far as locally unblocking some URLs with similar names; I'm not certain that would be the only remedy but it's all I can think to do.

Any help and guidance will be most appreciated.

edited to add: Plus, I'd like to add the site to my linkblog which of course is also not being allowed. Help!

2 Oct 24, 2005 01:50

All I can find that may be causing a problem are

blog.azgirlcam.com
blog.eriscam.com
blog.odd-fish.de
blogdex.net
blogdns.com
blogdns.org
bloggero.com
bloglisting.com
blogomonster.com/cellulite/

green-card-lottery.verybrowse.com
greenline.ru

3 Oct 24, 2005 03:45

Thanks John, I appreciate it. I've already removed the two 'green' references but it didn't make a difference. I don't think it's a 'blog' reference as I have plenty of blogspot commenters that aren't having a problem. I'll try it and see.

4 Oct 24, 2005 06:27

Try adding [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=5291]this small hack[/url] to your _functions.php file.

It is meant to provide specific information when there is a problem found with the HTML-checker and lists the SPECIFIC blacklisted word that it's barfing on.

Does the same for invalid URLs and URI schemes.

Try it ... you'll like it.

-stk :D

PS - I've been told that it's going to be added to "Phoenix"

5 Oct 24, 2005 14:56

stk wrote:

Try adding [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=5291]this small hack[/url] to your _functions.php file.

It is meant to provide specific information when there is a problem found with the HTML-checker and lists the SPECIFIC blacklisted word that it's barfing on.

I do love it, I do!! Thanks so much, it worked perfectly. It was kicking out 1.blogspot.com as the problem of the link above. Fabulous, I really appreciate the help! :D

6 Oct 24, 2005 20:17

Every once in a while, I manage to come up with something USEFUL. ;)

It was something that had been bugging me for eons ... never knowing WHAT the html-checker is having a problem with.

Glad you like it. :D

-stk

Form is loading...