Recent Topics

1 Jan 08, 2006 01:29    

Hi everyone,

I created my own skin and everything's working fine. But now I'm getting a little more picky with how I want my front page displayed.

For my front page I created a blog called "home." I created 3 categories for my front page called, "events," "news," and "other."

On the front page, I would like to display only one post for each cateogory and always in the same display order. ie:

[news here]
[events here]
[other here]

I would like to be able to log into the admin panel. Write a new post for news and have the new post display in the top area while the old post is archived. Similarly, I would like to be able to write a new 'events' post and then have ONLY the events area change on the front page. Is there anyway to do this with b2? I'm not afraid to play with the php coding so if you could point me in the right direction, it would help a lot.

Thanks!

2 Jan 08, 2006 15:52

In the _main.php file there is a chunk of code that displays the most recent posts. It starts with some stuff abuout the MainList and ends right before the part for displaying the list of comments, archives, etc. I think you can make two more copies of that section, and set each mainLinst code to only take posts from one category.

3 Jan 12, 2006 10:04

That would be very great if I could. Thanks very much. I'll play around with it and see what I can do.

Form is loading...