Recent Topics

1 Jan 17, 2006 01:25    

$Item->edit_link( ' • ' )

Question!

When a user logs in and they want to edit, the above edit link appears at the end of posts. When I log in as admin, same thing. I would like a link for me as well as other users that allows me to simply click on it and write a new post. Is there anything like this? I fail to see it in the search and I checked the function list and nothing pops out at me. Instead of having to change over to write and so on. A simple write link would be nice.

Please help?!

2 Jan 17, 2006 01:50

Look in the Misc section on the right side of your page. If you're logged in, you'll see an Admin link in that list. Click on that and it jumps straight to the Write tab.

3 Jan 17, 2006 02:06

Hey thanks!

Now what about those users who aren't admin? Do they use the same link? How hard would it be to create a write link?

4 Jan 17, 2006 02:11

Anyone who has permission to write a new post will be shown the Admin link. All the permissions that you've set will still be in effect.

5 Jan 17, 2006 03:52

There's also a fancy (not often-used) tool that you might be interested in. Depending on which version you use, it's in a different location.

Dawn and earlier - I believe it's in the backoffice under the "tools" tab.

Phoenix and later - It's called "SideBar" and it's in the back office, under "Settings" and "plugins"

Basically, it gives you the Edit/Write window in an Internet Explorer sidebar (allowing you to surf the net to various sites in the main window, but still retain edit/write capabilities, in the sidebar). B)

I tried it once and it seemed to work (it's just a work-path I don't use, but you might like it). I remember now. I helped someone with it and I wasn't aware of its existence ... but the issue was that it seemed to take a moment or two for it to come up (they thought it wasn't working properly). I believe patience was the key.

Ahh ... here's the old thread: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=6192

Cheers,

Hope this helps.

PS ... regarding your edit link, I do mine a bit different (for starters, I'm the only blogger and I keep a "hidden" admin link on our front page - only I know it's there ... no reason to give visitors a reason to think they can log in ;) ) ... anyway ... mine jumps to my blog of choice (#7 ... browse, instead of edit, but no reason it couldn't be edit). The link (in my skin's _main.php file) is simple ...

<div class="backOffice"><a href="../../admin/b2browse.php?blog=7">Secret Login</a></div>

If the sidebar thing doesn't do it for you, maybe you can have a secret login spot on your page, that your members know about and use, where each person can decide where they want to always go ... some maybe to edit, some to write ...etc.

Just some thoughts.

6 Jan 17, 2006 04:30

Bookmarklet is another way to create posts, similar to sidebar, but it lives its life as a bookmark instead. You can also find it in the Tools tab.

Form is loading...