Recent Topics

1 Feb 20, 2006 07:35    

I've been looking for a multi-user blog app (for 10 or more bloggers) and discovered b2evo after much searching. This looks like one of the more advanced multi-user multi-blog programs around. But before I commit, I want to see what can be done. I've been looking at the different showcase sites and I haven't seen one with really collaborative community-driven blogging, something similar to Livejournal, blogger.com, or myspace (though in a smaller scale)

* A good front page/portal page that helps you find your favorite bloggers.
* Good usage of linkblogging to easily find your friend's blogs.
* Finding bloggers by categories (i.e. people with similar interests).
* Maybe a profile page.

Does anyone know sites that are running multi-user blogs? What are the biggest b2evo sites in terms of number of bloggers?

2 Feb 20, 2006 09:34

I remember there being a link to some asian site that was using b2evo and it had like 5000 or so blogs running. Very large, so large in fact I didnt believe it.

maybe if I go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in my post history the thread is still here. I think, though, that it was posted before the forum hacking of 2004 which means it's been lost. Non the less, it was impressive.

4 Feb 21, 2006 01:04

mikel wrote:

There is a german site, using b2evo
http://blog.de/

but they don't have a link to b2 :( :( :(

Wow, this is exactly what I was looking for. Impressive indeed. They've got a good front page, links to latest blogs, friend's blogs in their each user's linkblog, profile pages, comments on profile, and search tags.

This was all done with b2evo? Which version, 0.9? Can b2evo do this out of the box or would it require a lot of modifications? And why no link back?

The UK version is http://www.blog.co.uk/

5 Feb 21, 2006 03:55

mikel wrote:

but they don't have a link to b2 :( :( :(

LOL .. :lol: ... not only don't they have a link-back, but they're "powered by" (get this) THEMSELVES!! :|

7 Feb 21, 2006 19:28

Good find, John. So they do.

I've written and asked them about the "powered by", as I find that a tad misleading. :-/

8 Feb 22, 2006 16:16

Let's hope they follow thru:

Dear stk,

that´s good feedback. We´ve forwarded this issue internally and we would not be surprised to see b2e being promoted better in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,

Your blog - team
-------------------
cct at blog.de
blog.de

stk wrote:

> To better promote your site engine "b2evolution", I would recommend you change the "powered by" statement to "b2evolution", rather than your own site URL.
>
> I know you give credit in the "about us" page, but imo, it's buried deeper than it should be.
>
> -stk
>
>

9 Feb 27, 2006 20:17

After doing a little research, I'm finding that blog.co does a lot more than b2evo. They have user profile pages, instant blogs upon registration, tags, a portal page, and other things I couldn't find in b2evo. So are there mods to make b2evo have this functionality or did blog.co use a lot of proprietary code on top of b2evo? Anyone know?

10 Feb 27, 2006 23:05

SpilltheBeans wrote:

After doing a little research, I'm finding that blog.co does a lot more than b2evo. They have user profile pages, instant blogs upon registration, tags, a portal page, and other things I couldn't find in b2evo. So are there mods to make b2evo have this functionality or did blog.co use a lot of proprietary code on top of b2evo? Anyone know?

An idea of what is publically available (here) for extending b2evolution can be found by browsing the forums, specifically this area:
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewforum.php?f=9
and looking here:
http://plugins.b2evolution.net/

As far as what any one site uses, you would be best to contact them directly, instead of asking someone here to speculate.

11 Jul 26, 2006 15:06

Wow, that is a nice site!!! I was shocked that it was all CSS driven (I guess I should have expected that since it runs on b2 :) ) Certainly empowers me in my quest to implement this internally at my company!

Form is loading...