Recent Topics

1 Feb 20, 2006 14:29    

I am having an issue when trying to upgrade a 0.9.1 database to 1.6. I enter all the correct parameters for the existing database. I am selecting to upgrade from a previous version of b2evolution. I have not modified the database in any special way. When I hit GO I get the message:

Table 'evo_sessions' already exists(Errno=1050)

Your query:

CREATE TABLE evo_sessions (
sess_ID INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
sess_key CHAR(32) NULL,
sess_lastseen DATETIME NOT NULL,
sess_ipaddress VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
sess_user_ID INT(10) DEFAULT NULL,
sess_agnt_ID INT UNSIGNED NULL,
sess_data TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY( sess_ID )
)

Ahouldn't the tables already exist for an upgrade? What else may be going on? Thanks in advance.

2 Feb 20, 2006 15:28

Sounds like you started an upgrade then started it again. The table did not exist in .9.1, but does exist if you go through an upgrade only partially then try again.

Do you have a backup of your database from before any attempt to upgrade? If so you should drop all your tables and restore your backup, then do the upgrade again.

3 Feb 20, 2006 15:36

EdB wrote:

Sounds like you started an upgrade then started it again. The table did not exist in .9.1, but does exist if you go through an upgrade only partially then try again.

Do you have a backup of your database from before any attempt to upgrade? If so you should drop all your tables and restore your backup, then do the upgrade again.

Yes, I actually have restored the database 5 or 6 times because I have been trying different things. This is the result I am getting with the database restored to it's current live state (and is functioning completely in the .9.1 version).

4 Feb 20, 2006 15:37

EdB wrote:

Also, the table already exists because it's supposed to be upgrading the current version, correct? Why would it have a problem with the table existing if it's an upgrade? Thanks.

5 Feb 20, 2006 15:41

Does your restored database actually have a sessions table in it? No reason it should as that table didn't exist until 1.6, so that'll be a bit of a clue. Assuming you've got no sessions table after restoration you might consider throwing out your 1.6 files and zip then getting a fresh copy of the zip and seeing if (somehow for some weird reason) your particular copy of 1.6 is corrupted.

First though let's see what your restored database shows you eh? If there is a sessions table you've got a strange situation on hand!

6 Feb 20, 2006 17:14

EdB wrote:

Does your restored database actually have a sessions table in it? No reason it should as that table didn't exist until 1.6, so that'll be a bit of a clue. Assuming you've got no sessions table after restoration you might consider throwing out your 1.6 files and zip then getting a fresh copy of the zip and seeing if (somehow for some weird reason) your particular copy of 1.6 is corrupted.

First though let's see what your restored database shows you eh? If there is a sessions table you've got a strange situation on hand!

Wow - this was much more work than expected. I had to go table by table and figure out which belonged to which version. I finally narrowed it down and got the database cleaned up. It's strange because my original database was never upgraded and seemed to have some of the tables in it (even though it technically should not have). Oh well - the upgrade finally worked. Thanks!

Form is loading...