Recent Topics

1 Mar 09, 2006 03:11    

I'm not sure if this has been done before, or if it is even possible. I couldn't really find detailed descriptions on how to do it. What I want to do is integrate the login form (as well as the register, lost password, et cetera) into my custom skin.

I feel like I'm half-way there, I modified the login.php in /htsrv to redirect to _login_form.php within my custom skin folder. It does that fine. Now whenever I modify the header/footer files to match my skin's layout. With the header/footer included I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function disp() on a non-object in /skins/custom/_header.php on line 26

I'm a programmer by trade, but I have to admit, my first time dealing with PHP has been modifying this skin. My guess is that the error is due to a lack of instantiation of the blog class (whose function is triggering this error). But after studying a couple other skin PHP files, I'm at a loss on how they instatiate (if at all) the blog class. I'm really at a loss of what to do.

If anyone could help me out, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

[Edit: Oh, sorry, I'm using Phoenix 1.6 Alpha, if that makes a difference]

2 Mar 09, 2006 14:51

Oh, okay, I found a switch statement directly underneath the post code that handles the different pages (profile, subscription, et cetera). Can't believe I didn't think about that at the time. It uses a variable &disp to determine what file to include. I just have to get the form pages to work if that. If anyone wants to give me a hand and save me some time, go right ahead. ^_^

Form is loading...