Recent Topics

1 Mar 26, 2006 12:09    

Hi all,

I just upgraded our blog to 9.1 and I wanted to make use of the new wikipedia plugin. But I am not really sure how it works...

I switched the plugin to "opt-out".
But when I type things like [[apple]], nothing happens.

Am I missing something here?

2 Mar 28, 2006 01:13

So, you have enabled it for your posts (this means, it's checked as renderer in the bottom right box)?

4 Mar 28, 2006 22:15

Very strange then. I've actually never used it by myself, but it should work, of course.

Have you tried it at http://demo.b2evolution.net (with the version 9.x variant)?

5 Mar 28, 2006 23:03

Thanks for your response!

When I type in [[something]] in the backoffice, I expect that a link to wikipedia will be made. If this is not the case, please correct me.

I just tested that in the testblogs, but it does not seem to work there either.

6 Mar 28, 2006 23:07

I've thought "wikimedia" plugin would be a typo.

About which plugin are we talking? The default wikilinks plugin that ships with b2evo (which won't create links to WP, but only to internal pages) or another plugin?

7 Mar 28, 2006 23:15

Ah, this makes more sense... The default wiki thing makes links to other pages?

How does that work then? I noticed a question mark within some articles, that opened a "write a new article" panel.

I thought that that was something triggered by another plugin I do not understand: Wacko formatting. (I even tried to switch that one of by changing it to "opt-in" It now is unchecked when I write an article, but when I edit one, the box is checked. Strange).

8 Mar 29, 2006 00:27

Wacko is checked for items that you edit, because you had it checked when you've created them: renderers apply post-by-post.

Wacko is just something like that:
=== Title ===
and a few more. The only documentation currently is the source code itself.. :/

Yep, that's how the wiki plugin works: you can link to other posts by [[TitleOfPost]] and if it does not exist, it inserts links to just create them (the question mark). Try creating a missing posts and see the question mark vanishing.. :)

9 Mar 29, 2006 05:57

But THAT doesn't work. This means that when I insert something like [[quote of the day]] it will link to a posts titled "quote of the day". But this doesn't happen. Only when I insert it in this way: QuoteOfTheDay or [[QuoteOfTheDay]] it will make such a link, the first case being totally unwanted.

Concerning Wacko: I checked your claim. Yesterday I made a post with the wacko renderer unchecked, now I clicked on the edit button and Wacko Formatting is checked! Strange!

Form is loading...