Recent Topics

1 Apr 27, 2006 19:06    

I am in the process of creating a reference page on my website that points to various Blog posts from the archives (using permalinks).

However, I have several posts (really mini-tutorials) that span 2-3 posts to cover the entire topic. What I am looking to do is have a link on my reference page that displays the series of blog posts (so a permalink that would bring up the April 18, 20 and 22 posts). Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Troy @ TLC
www.ThePowerPointBlog.com

2 May 02, 2006 03:40

I would simply do it with a search string

index.php?s=a word that is in al 3 tutorials

the result is all 3 tutorials with that word that is proper to only them

3 May 02, 2006 15:55

Another possible method is to create a unique category for these related posts, use the 'categories' item in the sidebar long enough to snag the code that makes a category link, then hard-code the category link with whatever text you find appropriate.

b2evolution doesn't have a specific method to permalink multiple posts.

4 May 03, 2006 21:08

Troy,

Another idea (if you're into alternatives) would be to consider utilizing b2evolution's multi-page option.

The idea: Instead of putting Part A, B and C into separate posts and then trying to link disparate days/posts ... make one, multi-paged post, with an Intro on Page 1, and then each part (A,B & C) on it's own page (2, 3 & 4).

An illustration of this (for a multi-day mini-journal) can be found [url=http://randsco.com/index.php/2005/08/22/glacier_waterton_cycle_tour]HERE[/url].

Another example, a tad closer to home (instructions/tutorial) can be found [url=http://b2evo.astonishme.co.uk/index.php?title=paged_comments&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1]HERE[/url].

Hope this helps! :D

5 May 04, 2006 18:03

Thank you for the suggestions! For the existing posts I am going to add a key word to create a search string. For upcoming series I am going to experiment with the multipage stuff.

Troy @ TLC

Form is loading...