Recent Topics

1 Jun 02, 2006 17:57    

Is it possible to create a private blog which is not accessable at all from the outside?

Just like the good old diarys small girls try to hide from everybody.
I just managed it to hide every post by marking every blog post as "private" but this is kinda annoying.

Is there any solution for this?

I guess you're naming permission management as the solution first. I am familiar with permission-issues like in phpBB and such but in b2evolution I haven't managed to set the rights according to my aim yet.

2 Jun 02, 2006 18:17

Other than the method you found? "Don't have a web page" might work ;)

3 Jun 02, 2006 18:34

Where do I find this method or option you mean?
Don't get me wrong. I still want an online available webblog. I just want to protect it from public access.

P.S.: is it possible to disable the neccesity of an email address when posting comments?

4 Jun 02, 2006 18:41

Hanzolo wrote:

Where do I find this method or option you mean?

Um... EXACTLY what you're doing! Mark private posts as private so that you and only you, assuming you're logged in, will be able to see the post online.

The requirement for an email ID in comments depends on the version you're running. If you're running 0.9.2 (and probably most anything older than that) you would have to look in conf/_admin.php and find "$require_name_email" then set it to 0. b2evolution ships with it set to 1.

5 Jun 02, 2006 19:16

Thank you very much! You did help me fast and uncomplicated. Great dude!

The solution we found isn't the best because if you miss to acitvate the checkbox for private everybody will see your post and this is a high security risk in my eyes. Anyway thank you again.

6 Jun 02, 2006 19:27

Are you posting private posts in a blog that also has public posts, or a blog that is reserved for only private posts? If you have a particular blog that will only have private posts you could enable only "private" as the type of posts allowed for that particular blog. That would be a setup on your blogs tab -> select a blog -> permissions subtab. I'm pretty sure that would take away the need to check the "private" box each time.

Another option is to find the parameter that makes posts be "public" by default and change it to "private". That way you'd have to remember to check the public box, meaning forgetting doesn't reveal that which you don't want revealed. Not sure offhand where that comes from. Depends on what version you're using too.

7 Jun 05, 2006 01:46

Hey great idea! Thank you very much. I will test the first solution soon. Sounds easy and much more safe if it works.

Thanks again!

Form is loading...