Recent Topics

1 Jun 12, 2006 22:19    

Folks,

I have a problem in understanding the referer list. I know that there are a couple of referers to my site, but they do not show up in the stats. Same with Google & Co. No search referers any more.

All started after using Phoenix which is quite impressive in handling spam but also a little bit overenthusiatic in my opinion.

Or did I get something wrong? What can I do to make this referers show up again?

Thanks in advance!

2 Jun 16, 2006 23:52

You may not have the code in the bottom of your skin that generates the log hit. Check your skin against the default skin and see if it has the log hit function.

3 Jun 18, 2006 20:41

I have

<?php
$Hit->log(); // log the hit on this page
debug_info(); // output debug info if requested
?>

at the end of the page. So it should log the hits, right?

4 Jun 19, 2006 16:59

Hmm, that does look right. Is it logging nothing at all, or is it just missing referers?

5 Jun 19, 2006 17:27

Just to be sure, you are talking about your stats in the admin area aren't you?

Since 0.9.summat referer stats etc have not been shown on your blog, only in admin.

¥

6 Jun 19, 2006 23:02

Yes, we are talking about the admin area. Stats are completely empty. I have some sites that work (ebay, youtube), others don't. And I know people click on links on these sites because they tell me. So, kind of strange, isn't it??

7 Jun 20, 2006 00:26

Hopefully not the very end of the page. Like this?

<?php
	$Hit->log();	// log the hit on this page
	debug_info(); // output debug info if requested
?>
</body>
</html>

I'm not sure if that would matter or not, but it won't hurt to ask. Post a link to your blog here and see if you get referer traffic from the forums.

8 Jun 22, 2006 22:32

Yes, it is at the very end of the page. Is that incorrect?

10 Jun 29, 2006 23:32

Silencer wrote:

So, any ideas?

Yes. Post a link to your blog here so you can see if you get traffic from this site. We will learn a heck of a lot by looking at your site, and you will learn if your referer traffic is being logged or not. Other than that all I can say is that you've somehow, though I've no idea how, blocked logging traffic from some sites.

12 Jul 03, 2006 23:27

I can click on that link, but nothing happens. No referrers logged.

Form is loading...