Recent Topics

1 Jul 15, 2006 12:06    

Edit: As EdB said in the next post.

---

I have some confusion about the proper codename for 1.8.

As 1.6 -> 'Phoenix Alpha'
And 1.8 -> 'Summer Beta'
'Codename Version-Type'

Too me it is codenamed Summer, the above proves it (imo).

Here: b2evolution 1.8 "Summer Beta" released;
http://b2evolution.net/news/2006/07/09/b2evolution_1_8_summer_beta_released

That whole post never mentions the word Phoenix, except once;

The exciting release time has come again. "Phoenix" has moved to something more mature we now call the "Summer Beta" and it is available for download today:

But yet people are still referring to the 1.8 version as Phoenix....

Has anyone heard from Blueyed or Francois what is the correct codename for the 1.8 release since it was released? - I know that pre it's release it was referred to as Phoenix, but from what i posted above, i'm lead to believe it's codename changed to 'Summer'...

2 Jul 15, 2006 12:47

It's Summer no matter how many people continue to refer to it as Phoenix. As a rule the "released name" doesn't show up until something is actually released. Used to be after a release people would just talk about the next release without naming it. Seems like after 1.6 - came out everyone, including Big F, kept calling the CVS/future version by the same name.

One day "Summer" will be replaced with "Glockenspiel", but probably everyone will still be calling it "Phoenix" until it's official.

------------

Slightly Unrelated: everything older than 0.9.2 ought to be marked as Obsolete because they are. If someone wants to use it let 'em, but they really should upgrade to 0.9.2 because that's the end of the upgrade line when it comes to looking at your skins and hacks.

3 Jul 15, 2006 13:29

Ok it's Settled then.

STOP CALLING 1.8; PHOENIX
IT'S CALLED; SUMMER

Slightly unrelated:
It should also be known that there is no point posting a feature request when you are still using a 0.9 series build (or any older build for that matter) of b2evo.

If it were up to me i would say, everything pre-1.8 (or whatever the current build is at the time) is obsolete, but then again, that's me.

Form is loading...