Recent Topics

1 Aug 03, 2006 18:25    

Hello Crowd,
nothing vital, but is there a way to keep new entries from marching into Blog #1 too? I'd rather have these only show in the linkblog, since I find it somewhat annoying that added links will push down "actual" content (like, where one was actually _writing_ something) down into the outage on the front page ...

So, any help much appreciated, as usual! :) Thanks !

'lex

2 Aug 04, 2006 16:25

I think you can go into the settings for the Linkblog and uncheck the "Include in public blog list:" setting

3 Aug 04, 2006 16:28

I don't think so. What you suggest keeps the link blog('s shortname) from being listed with the other blogs in the blog list. But thanks for your attempt to help.

4 Aug 04, 2006 16:35

No, there's no way to do it. I'd actually would like to have this, too.

AFAIK François plans to not have Blog#1 as it's now, but being able to have "aggregator blogs", where you would say, which blogs they include.

6 Aug 05, 2006 23:35

I finally just gave up on the linkblog and put a list of links in the sidebar.

7 Aug 07, 2006 18:29

The easy was of doing this is just to date the Linkblog posts from a year ago.

It doesn't change how they appear in your sidebar.

8 Aug 07, 2006 19:29

Akeldama wrote:

The easy was of doing this is just to date the Linkblog posts from a year ago.

It doesn't change how they appear in your sidebar.

Actually, that's what I do with my little side blog. Keeps those listings out of the first blog. Too bad we have to work around so many non-features in all software... :)

9 Aug 07, 2006 23:57

Has anyone tried using a stub file for blog #1 then $linkblog_cat or $linkblog_catsel and not including cats that are in the linkblog?

10 Aug 08, 2006 00:16

EdB wrote:

Has anyone tried using a stub file for blog #1 then $linkblog_cat or $linkblog_catsel and not including cats that are in the linkblog?

Wish I could say I tried it but every time I read about stub files my brain just doesn't comprehend so I give up and move on. Even my son, who does many web sites, among other computer "stuff," doesn't have a clue. Now if there were a step-by-step instruction sheet... :)

11 Aug 08, 2006 00:56

That's kinda funny to me because when I first started with b2evo I somehow thought stubs were required so set them up without a second thought. I'll try it myself later and see if I can exclude stuff, but with cats up around 116 it'd be a hell of a long list... I'll just throw a few cats into one of those params and see if it works out or not. If it works then I'll do up a quick little 'how to' if there isn't one already somewhere.

12 Aug 08, 2006 01:06

johnny27 wrote:

every time I read about stub files my brain just doesn't comprehend so I give up and move on. Even my son, who does many web sites, among other computer "stuff," doesn't have a clue. Now if there were a step-by-step instruction sheet... :)

Everything you always wanted to know about stubfiles, but were afraid to ask : http://manual.b2evolution.net/Stub_file

13 Aug 08, 2006 01:56

Topanga wrote:

Everything you always wanted to know about stubfiles, but were afraid to ask : http://manual.b2evolution.net/Stub_file

Been there. Done that. That was the beginning of the end for my brain and stub files. Even reading it again and again doesn't help this poor, old noggin. Thanks for the thought, but just put me down as terminally un-stub-able...:)

14 Aug 08, 2006 08:52

This is a stubfile :

<?php
$blog = 2;                   // Select which blog you want to display here.
$default_skin = 'custom';    // Select the default skin you want to display for this blog.
$show_statuses = array();    // This is the way to show published posts to everybody, protected posts to members and private posts to yourself
$blogroll_blog = 4;          // This is the blog to be used as a blogroll (set to 0 if you don't want to use this feature)
$blogroll_cat = '';          // This is the list of categories to restrict the blogroll to (cats will be displayed recursively)  Example: $blogroll_cat = '4,6,7';
$blogroll_catsel = array( ); // This is the array if categories to restrict the blogroll to (non recursive) Example: $blogroll_catsel = array( 4, 6, 7 );
$timestamp_min = '';         // Here you can set a limit before which posts will be ignored
$timestamp_max = 'now';      // Here you can set a limit after which posts will be ignored
include(dirname(__FILE__)."/b2evocore/_blog_main.php");
?>

Nothing more and nothing less...

What's not to understand ???
That's something I don't understand...

15 Aug 08, 2006 14:16

Topanga wrote:

This is a stubfile :

Nothing more and nothing less...

What's not to understand ???
That's something I don't understand...

Thanks for the explaination! Now the light is on. Opens some interesting possibilities. I'll play with stubs a bit and see what I can do.

Thanks for clearing the fog resting in my brain!

16 Aug 08, 2006 16:08

Update: it didn't work.

On stubs: you tell your back office you're using a stub AND you create the stub and add it to your installation's root directory. The mininum change needed is to tell it the blog number that the stub is for, and you're officially done. After that you can take advantage of all the flexibility that stubs allow, but first step is to see how easy they are to use.

Form is loading...