Recent Topics

1 Oct 11, 2006 23:36    

I have 2 sites using b2evolution 1.8.2. One's database is relatively small at around 900kb. The other is 8mb and growing. The posts are mostly text with a few thumbnail images and links. No users other than 2 admins. What could cause the database to keep growing and is there anything I can do to slow it's ascent? Sites been up since like October 1 to give an idea how fast the database has increased. Thanks.

ETA- PHP 4.4.2 and MySQL 4.1.21-standard

2 Oct 12, 2006 21:06

Check your stats tab in the install with the bigger database. A little bit of information is recorded for every visit, so maybe one blog is getting a lot more visitors. You can go to App Settings > Features and reduce the number of days worth of stats that you save. Sometimes spam attempts get recorded in your stats table. To cut down on that, keep your blacklist updated in the antispam tab.

If it's not the stats table that's taking up al lthe space, then check the sizes of the tables on the bigger db and see which one is getting bloated.

3 Oct 13, 2006 02:16

Thanks for the advice. The one does get more visitors. So I adjusted that first and will go from there.

Form is loading...