Recent Topics

1 Oct 26, 2006 20:47    

The stats for a day that has passed change all of the time. Let's say it's Wed. and I check for last Mon. The numbers will keep changing for Mon. everytime I check. Sometimes, it will say zero. I check in my host's stats utility page and it says something completely different and more realistic. It seems I can't rely on B2evo's hit stats. Any solutions?

www.nelsonguirado.com

3 Mar 27, 2007 07:23

I too am wondering about the accuracy of the B2Evo stats, not that I am complaining but they are the highest of the 3 'counters' I am using.

I have placed them on one blog only and realise that there is a difference in that I presume Statcounter and Mymackspace count only browser hits (?).

Although the sign ups for the xml feeds as shown in B2Evo exceed the number of visits in either of these even taking into account the days each was installed on.

What is likely to be showing up as 'unknown'? Today these have shown up as a greater proportion of the figures.

And finally is there a way of 'blocking' the stats from your own isp root? ie so that anytime you access your site it doesn't show?

Thanks in advance

4 Mar 28, 2007 00:24

Stats are reported to be more accurate on the latest version(s) of B2o, so I suggest you upgrade to 1.9.3

Good luck

5 Apr 07, 2007 23:24

1.9.3 Installed

Would someone please clarify a question regarding xml feeds: do the stats reflect the number of people each day that sign up for them or the number of people who access them through opening the post in their reader?

If the later, is there a way to count the former?

Also were there any replies to the previous 2 questions in my previous post please?

1 What is likely to be showing up as 'unknown'?

2 And is there a way of 'blocking' the stats from your own isp root? ie so that anytime you access your site it doesn't show (from back office or directly) ?

Many thanks

6 Apr 09, 2007 12:11

1) The stats for the feeds are the number of times that the various feeds _main.php have been called.

2) I wouldn't imagine so, probably the nearest you could get would be to count unique browser/ip per day and even that figure would be skewed

3) This is what it says in the code :

/**
	 * The user agent type.
	 * The default setting ('unknown') is taken for new entries (into T_useragents),
	 * that are not detected as 'rss', 'robot' or 'browser'.
	 * @var string 'rss'|'robot'|'browser'|'unknown'
	 */
	var $agent_type = 'unknown';

4) If you have a static ip then you could amend your skins _main.php ( near the very bottom )

<?php
	if( $Hit->IP != 'your ip goes here' ) $Hit->log(); // log the hit on this page
?>

¥

7 Apr 15, 2007 13:10

Thanks Yabba :)

1) So its both new and returning! I can live with that but perhaps this would be a great addition to a future version of B2Evolution?

3) I guess I was wondering with all the amazing code going into this project, how each user agent is determined and therefore how there are any "unknowns". Its not that important but I am trying to understand it anyway.

4) I have cut and pasted the php script for not counting the ip address. Our isn't exactly static though. The first 2 sets of digits are - can I put only these into the php ie xx.xx ?

And please put me out of my misery and describe what your logo/post image is.

Thanks again

8 Apr 15, 2007 14:06

You should be able to do something like :-

<?php
$myip = '###.###';// put in your unique bit
if( substr( $Hit->IP, 0, strlen( $myip ) - 1 ) != $myip ) $Hit->log();
?>

The picture is just a doodle I did ages ago ;)

¥

Form is loading...