Recent Topics

1 Apr 02, 2005 19:29    

What about a WYSIWYG-Editor? Like the one in Typo3.

2 Apr 05, 2005 02:38

come on. Don't tell me that nobody cares about it.

3 Apr 05, 2005 07:35

i dont. theres one for wp and i dont use it.

its all just a bunch of <p></p> with some images tossed in.

i dont need an editor to show me that, and besides isnt that what the preview button is for?

4 Apr 08, 2005 14:12

The one in Typo3 is able to produce valid code and helps a lot.

5 Apr 10, 2005 21:03

One option is to use a external editor like Ecto - this is the way I do all my blogging. You will need a updated xmlrpc module for this - post me if you'd like this.

6 Apr 19, 2005 05:16

Nucleus has a WYSIWYG editor and it's great! I have three blogs, two in b2evolution and one in Nucleus. b2 is preferred however, the Nucleus WYSIWYG is awesome!

7 Apr 21, 2005 00:02

You can use FCKeditor with B2 easily enough

8 Apr 22, 2005 05:15

I saw instructions posted here once using FCKeditor but they were incomplete and a friend here was asking about how to use it w/b2 and got no response.

10 Apr 20, 2006 06:48

BUMP

I find it quite surprising that there isn't at least the possibility to change the color/format of the text in the editor

Isn't blogging about simplicity and rapidity ?
What about bold/italic/underline and centered/justified buttons ? and a selection of colors ?

Sorry if this is planned for the next released.

11 Apr 20, 2006 17:55

I've heard of at least one person working on a wysiwyg plugin for b2evolution 1.8.

12 Apr 30, 2006 11:41

wouldn't have to be totally wysiwyg, but having choice of colors, font size and formatting, without having to type in the html code, (like on any forum) would seem a minimum.

14 Jun 02, 2006 10:03

So, Phoenix 1.8 won't be released with a wysiwg text editor? Will it have the same text editor of the former versions? :(

(and: when will Phoenix be released?)

15 Oct 06, 2006 17:20

:roll:

Yeah, virtually every other CMS and Blogging application features WYSIWYG. This is the primary reason I'm looking for an alternative to b2evo.

b2evo's popularity will be limited as long as it doesn't support features that are popular, such as Digg This, and support for Writely.

It's too bad. b2evo goes 90% of the way but stumbles when it comes to functionality.

16 Oct 06, 2006 19:46

ottis,
There is a tinymce plugin in development. You can get it from sourceforge here through svn. If that's a problem I can give you a zip file. The plugin seems to work, but it requires you to turn off the html checker (which is a security risk). My thoughts on this are similar to whoo. I prefer seeing the code while I'm writing it.

I looked at the [url=http://www.seoegghead.com/blog/seo/how-to-get-dugg-digg-for-wordpress-plugin-p113.html]DiggThis plugin for wordpress[/url]. That shouldn't be hard to turn into a b2evolution plugin. Would you want it to work like the wordpress version?

I also logged into writely and looked at the blog posting feature. I tried with all of the blogging apis that b2evolution supports. It could pass the test, but gave an error on trying to post. I suggest you start a thread in the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewforum.php?f=8]feature request forum[/url] about getting the api to work with writely. Digg also allows blog posting, but I've never been able to get it to work with b2evolution. Maybe the api needs to be revised.

Remember that this is free software created by volunteers. If you want it to improve the best way is to learn some php and start helping. The second best way is to ask for a feature nicely and in the proper place, explaining clearing how you would like it to work and providing any research that might help.

Danny

17 Oct 09, 2006 00:33

Update:
I have been able to post to my blog from writely. I used the MetaWeblog format, typed in the name of the blog, then added a tag to match a category on that blog and posted. Seems to work just fine.

18 Oct 11, 2006 17:24

I've done that on the same way...

But as all AJAXians some times have erros:

19 Jan 19, 2007 19:58

Yes... I would love to have something like this...

21 Feb 04, 2008 21:51

I've been unable to get FCKEditor to work in any of the 2.X versions. I keep getting a "Toolbar Set 0 cannot be found" error message.

Here's my idea. Bundle FCKEdit, TinyMCE, and NicEdit with the application as plug ins.

Allow the user to pick which one they want at any given time.

22 Feb 09, 2008 18:21

In further reflection on this, I'd like to see each user be able to select which interface they're comfortable with in their blog settings.

Form is loading...